Player Code of Ethics
In addition to NT Cricket’s General Code of Ethics, as a player or participant in any activity held by or under the auspices of NT Cricket or an Affiliated Club you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any such activity or event.
1. Be a positive role model for cricket at all times, and accept responsibility for your actions.
2. Participate within the competition conditions and rules, and in the spirit of fair play.
3. Respect opposition players and officials and treat them with proper regard for their rights, obligations and position held in cricket or the community.
4. Refrain from offensive or abusive language and gestures.
5. Accept victory and defeat with dignity.
6. Comply with umpires’ decisions in a professional manner.
7. Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and appearance.
8. Cooperate with all official requests to promote and market cricket in a professional manner.
9. Behave with dignity and respect when in public.
10. Refrain from making sexist or racist jokes, jokes about a particular sexual orientation, or jokes about a player, coach’s or other participant’s ability.
11. Refrain from making derogatory or demeaning remarks about any players, coaches or participants.
12. Refrain from using profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language.
13. Refrain from making sexual innuendoes towards any players, coaches or participants.
14. Do not tolerate acts of aggression.
15. Players should, at all times, avoid intimate relationships with their coach.
16. Perform any duties and responsibilities where you are a representative of NT Cricket in a mature, fair and professional manner.
17. Refrain from engaging in any behaviour as listed under the definitions of harassment, outlined in NT Cricket’s Member Protection Policy - available at